ROMAN’S CASTLES TOUR
Beautiful places and breathtaking views just a few kilometres from Rome, along the slopes of the volcanic hills of the Colli Albani. With the Roman’s Castles Tour, we guides you to explore some of the most beautiful places in Lazio and Italy, rich in history, natural beauty and famous for their typical products.
Discover cities such as Ariccia, Frascati, Castle Gandolfo, Nemi, Grottaferrata. Visit the palaces, mansions, monuments and archaeological sites related to the historical events of the nearby capital. Explore the feudal fortifications in the surroundings of Lake of Albano and other unique views offered by the Roman Castles landscape.
Enjoy the history and culture of the place and make a stop in one of the classic “fraschette”, where you can taste typical products such as “porchetta di Ariccia”, the bread of Lariano, the strawberries of Nemi, the chestnuts from Rocca di Papa, and the wine of Frascati.
With The Roman’s Castles Tour meet taste, art and nature: a truly all-encompassing experience. And for a full day, choos Combo Roman’s Castles Tour option. Mix 3 or 4 Castles cities for a wonderful fullday tour.
For better understand all the cities in Castels area you can visit the official site. In each city you can see one or two main monuments and some museums. Here are some examples.
TOUR DURATION TRANSFERS EXCLUDED
6 h tour from Rome or excursion from Civitavecchia
combo full day 12h from Rome or excursion from Civitavecchia
PASSENGERS / PAX
Car / Bus from 1 to 8 passengers
SKIP THE LINE
with luxury option
included and not included services
NEMI TOUR ITINERARY
Dear Guest if you have passion for ships and ancient Rome, of course you can’t ignore this itinerary. The history tell that Caligola has a big passion for ships, and in this area he created his ship bases. Infact in Nemi you can visit the Museum of the roman ship.
In nemi are also locate some church like Santa Maria del Pozzo and The sanctuary of the crocefisso.
If you like ancient site you can visite the themple of Diana nemorense.
Nemi is also famous for the will strawberry delicious dish. Remember to try some!
SHIP MUSEUM OF NEMI No sunday – 9.00 alle ore 19.00 (1h)
Others thing to see in Nemi: Ruspoli Palace
CASTEL GANDOLFO TOUR ITINERARY
Castel Gandolfo is the most important castle because inside the city there is the summer residence of the Pope. If you like, you can visit the gardens of the residence.
Also you can visit the Church of St. Thomas and near the Lake you will be able to see 2 ninfeos ancient sites.
Others things to see in Gandolfo: Barberini villa, S. Thomas from Villanova Church, Panoramic view
FRASCATI TOUR ITINERARY
When you arrive in Frascati you will be attract for first from Villa Aldobrandini / Convent of S. Silvestro. A big palace built in 17th century. The garden are always opened. If you are lucky in you day the villa will be opened for an internal visit.
If the villa will be closed, the Cathedral will be not for sure. This is a Roman Catholic cathedral and minor basilica in Frascati, dedicated to Saint Peter the Apostle
You can have a lunch break in a typical “fraschetta”.
After our driver get you to go at MUSEO TUSCOLANO with Ruins of the city of Tuscolo (villa of Tiberio, Amphitheater and theater). The Scuderie Aldobrandini (Aldobrandini Stables), already visible in the engravings by Matheus Greuter of 1620, were created as a service structure for the homonymous villa. Through the architectural refurbishment designed by Massimiliano Fuksas, a multifunctional space with original innovations adequate for the presentation of the permanent archaeological collection art exhibitions, educational workshops, multimedia space and an auditorium was created.
If you prefear a natural park our driver get you to visit Villa Torlonia.
MUSEO TUSCOLANO opening time No monday- Other days 10.00 alle 18.00
ARICCIA TOUR ITINERARY
We will arrive in Ariccia a little city near Rome in Castles area. When we will arrive in the main square we will see the Villa Chigi (Museum of Baroque) and at the same time Municipal building.
After visiting the Church of the Assumption (Bernini’s artwork) you can take a small stroll through the streets of the city and as soon as you are ready you will be able to go to a typical “fraschetta” restaurant for lunch. You can taste local food and wine with a very cheap bill.
In the rest of the time, you can walk a little to digest all tasty food eaten before, and you can take a picture at the top of the Monumental Bridge of Ariccia.
Have you ever seen a climb that is actually a descent? We call this Salita del diavolo literally “Devil’s uphill” place famous for its geography that creates an optical illusion in which gravity seems to reverse itself.
ALBANO TOUR ITINERARY
In the morning you will visit the Civic Museum and the catacombs with the same ticket. if you have more time you can visit some museum located inside ancient Roman’s therms like Museum Villa Ferraioli and Museum II Legion Partica, or you will visit the ancient roman theater ruin
For lunch you can choose some tipical restaurant in Albano laziane.
In the city center you will see the church of St. Peter and St. Pancrazio Cathedral
If you like natual landscape you can walk near Lake.
CIVIC MUSEUM: opening time 9:00-13:00
FERRAIOLI MUSEUM and LEGIONE PARTICA MUSEUM :
Others thing to see in Albano (Roman Anphiteather, S. Peter Church, Imperial Villa,Civic Museum, S. Pancrazio Chatedral, Caracalla Termal area, Pretorian Door, Romitorio of St Angel, Legione partica museumS. Maria della Rotonda Church, S. Maria della Stella Convent, S. Senatore Catacumbs, Cappuccini Convent, sepulcher of the Orazi and Curiazi, Cisternoni, S. Paolo Church and Convent)
GROTTAFERRATA TOUR ITINERARY
Grottaferrata isn’t so famous like Frascati and Ariccia, but in real have more important and historical sites.
For first you will visit the Exarchic Greek abbey of “Santa Maria di Grottaferrata” also know as Abbazia Greca di San Nilo.
After if you have time before lunch you can walk in the city to fell the castles atmosphere and tahn you can have a Lunch in a typical “fraschetta”
One of the most important archeological site in Grottaferrata are Catacumbs At Decimum. You will visit vith a guide with 5€ but remember to pre-book it. Only on sunday you will go without reservation.
Catacombe Ad Decimum: opening time on sunday 10 -12.30 /16 -18.30 othes day only with reservation
Ther thing to see in Grottaferrata: Grazioli Villa
HALF DAY TOUR IN ROMAN CASTLES 6hours
- Choose 2-3 Castles cities
COMBO FULL DAY TOUR IN ROMAN CASTLES 12hours
- Choose 4-5 Castles cities
ALL CASTLES CITIES YOU COULD INSERT IN ROMA’S CASTLES TOUR AND ITS HIGHTLIGHTS
- Ciampino ( There are no major attractions or monuments is crossed by the Appia Antica)
- Velletri (S. Maria del Trivio, Cathedral of St. Clemente, Common Palace and Civic Museum , Diocesan Museum, Naples Door, St. Michele Church, S. Lucia Church, S. Martino Church)
- Lanuvio (Temple of Giunone Sopita [su prenotazione], Civic Museum [ingresso libero], Colonna Palalce, S. Maria Maggiore,Medioeval Castle, Fountain of the rocks)
- Lariano ( Non ci sono monumenti e attrazioni di rilievo, è attraversata dalla via francigena)
- Genzano di Roma (Sforza-Cesarini Palace and park [only holidays],S. Maria della Cima Church, SS. trinità Church, St. Francis Church, SS. Annunziata Church.)
- Marino (Matteotti Square and Mori Fountain, S. Barnaba Church, Civic Museum , Wine Museum, S. Maria delle Grazie Church, Colonna Palace, SS. Rosario Church, Mitreo, Sanctuary of Madonna dell’Acquasanta)
- Rocca priora (avelli Palace, Madonna della Neve Church, S. Maria Assunta Church, Pantano della Doganella e Bosco del Cerquone)
- Rocca di papa (S. Maria Assunta Church, Crocefisso Church, Sanctuary of Madonna del Tufo, Fortezza Pontificia, Geofisic Museum, Via Sacra, Convent of Palazzolo)
- Colonna (Baronal palace, Station Museum, S. Nicola di Bari Church)
- Monte compatri (Convent of S. Silvestro, Sanctuary of Madonna del castagno, Angel Fountain, S. Maria Assunta Church, Borghese Palace, Annibaleschi Palace)
- Monte porzio catone (S. Gregorio Magno Church, Villa Mondragone, Tusculum Ruins, Barco Borghese, Villa Parisi, Astronomic Observatory, Eremo di Camaldoli, Wine Museum, Villa Vecchia, City Museum)
You can have some lunch in a typical restaurant suggested by your driver and a little stroll down the main shopping streets. Don’t forget to taste the ultra famous Porchetta.
HALF AND FULL DAY ROMAN’S CASTLES TOUR FROM ROME
transfers + 6h or 12 h tour in Roman castles
SHORE EXCURIONS ROMAN’S CASTLES TOUR FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
transfers + 6h or 12 h tour in Roman castles
+ 180/200€ for veichle
LUXURY FEE 30€ + skip the line tickets:
SHIP MUSEUM IN NEMI
5,50 adults | free <18
POPE RESIDENCE IN CASTELGANDOLFO + AUDIO GUIDE IN LANGUAGE INCLUDED
italiano, english, spanish, german, franch, russian.
13,50 adults | 7,50 € 5-18 years | free <5
CATACUMBS in GROTTAFERRATA GUIDED TOUR IN LANGUAGE INCLUDED 1 hour tour
€ 5 adults | € 3 reduced
TUSCOLO MUSEUM IN FRASCATI
€ 5,50 adults | € 3 reduced
FERRAIOLI MUSEUM and LEGIONE PARTICA MUSEUM
CHIGI PALACE IN ARICCIA : GUIDED TOUR PIANO NOBILE + CARDINAL ROOM + BAROCCO MUSEUM
€20 adults | 12 € 6-18 years | <6 free
IN VELLETRI: 3 CIVIC MUSEUMS
€10 adults | 7 € 6-18 years | <6 free
STANDARD TOUR INCLUDED SERVICES
- Round-trip Transfers
- Car/Bus available for the duration of the trip
- Transport of people with disabilities
- Motorways fares and fuel costs
- 1 hand luggage per passenger
- Air conditioning
EXTRA INCLUDED SERVICES WITH LUXURY OPTION
- Water natural or sparkly 1 p.p.
- Sweets in car
- Wet paper in car
- Umbrellas in car
- WIFI free
- 1 baby seats free
- Mercedes recent car
- Skip the line (if requested and paid in advance)
- We create itineraries based on your tastes and interests
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
- Meals and drinks
- Museums and monuments entrance fees
- 10% VAT
- Driver’s Overnight stay and meals (for more than one day)
- Licensed tour guide’ fees (from €40 per hour to be paid on site)
- Additional hours on top of the duration of the planned tour or transfer
- WiFI 5€
- Baby seat 10€
SURPRISE OR WELCOME GIFT
- Are you preparing a surprise for your sweetheart? If you wish to personalize your trip with sparkling wine, roses, chocolates or other, contact us and we will organize your gift together!
- Do you need a complete representative service. Contact us and we will prepare your welcome gift.
- Comfortable shoesand clothing are recommended on this and any tours.
- During the summer months it’s important to wearsunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- During your visit be sure to have a bottle of waterwith you. You will refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water.
- The tours listed above are just examplesof monuments and attractions you can visit, As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option. In order to make the process smoother, we suggest that you remove your belt, metal watch, keys, phone and money form the pockets. They may ask to check your bag. Big backpacks, luggage, liquids and large umbrellas are not allowed. You can bring regular handbags and small backpacks inside the site.
- Children’s reductions are guaranteed but we cannot collect their tickets before your arrival. You might spend some minutes more waiting in line. Agencies cannot bypass this rule and must go to the kiosk with the kids.