TOUR OF HERCULANEUM FROM ROME or SHORE EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
Choose from a variety of itineraries to discover some of the most extraordinary places in the world where time seems to have stopped to offer an authentic look into life in ancient times. The beauty of the ruins of Herculaneum unfolds in front of your eyes to give you the magic of secrets buried for centuries under the ashes of Vesuvius.
Herculaneum Tour is a real trip back in time that takes you back to the splendor of the villas and temples of ancient Rome, statues, mosaics and frescoes that represent the best evidence of the life, customs and traditions of the time.
Choose Tour of Naples + Herculaneum if you would like to start your trip with a visit to the main attractions of Naples, alternatively choose to exclusively explore the archaeological excavations with either Herculaneum Tour.
Full day tour 10 hours
Combo tour 12
Combo costiera 13 hours
PASSENGERS / PAX
Car / Bus from 1 to 8 passengers
SKIP THE LINE
with luxury option
included and not included services
Herculaneum destroyed by the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a.d., is buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice. It was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed into the life of a city to the height of the Roman Empire. A walk inside the excavations, through the perfectly preserved bath theatres, temples, markets and forums will bring you back into the lives of ancient Romans.
OPLONTIS AND THE VILLA OF POPPEA
Less known as archaeological site, compared to Pompeii, is the Poppea’s Villa. Erected in Oplontis under the slopes of Vesuvius, it still maintains the charm of the splendor of Imperial Rome.
The main monument, the only one that can be visited, is the villa of Poppea inserted among the assets that UNESCO has defined as “World Heritage”. A magnificent residential building from the mid-1st century BC, enlarged during the Imperial era, was being restored during the eruption. It is attributed to Poppaea Sabina, second wife of Emperor Nerone, but in any case falling within the patrimony of the imperial family.
NAPLES COMBO TOUR
If you choose the tour Naples tour, you will arrive in Naples in 2 hours. You will see the Cathedral of San Gennaro with the liquid blood of the Saint, Palazzo Reale (royal palace), San Francesco di Paola, beautiful church located in Piazza del Plebiscito, Galleria Umberto I and the Castle of Maschio Angioino. Also you can visit “via Spaccanapoli” where you can find local objects in a peculiar scenario. Remember to taste a Naples coffee in some bar!
COMBO AMALFI COAST (13 ore)
Amailfi is patchwork of flat and domed roofs and vine-covered stairways tumbling down to meet the gentle curve of the beach. Amalfi is the main town of the coast on which it is located, named Costiera Amalfitana(Amalfi Coast) and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Amalfy Coast is a postcard of little cities like positano and Sorrento.
In Positano you could visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta with its dome made of majolica tiles as well as a 13th century Byzantine icon of a black Madonna. Enjoy time at leisure to explore this elegant spot with its designer boutiques, shops and seaside cafes.
- visit the ancient city of Herculaneum
- RUINS OF ANCIENT CITIES OF OPLONTIS AND HERCULANEUM
- NAPLES AND HERCULANEUM TOUR
- AMALFI AND HERCULANEUM TOUR
HIGHLIGHT IN HERCULANEUM
- visit the Palestra
- enter in ancient Roman Baths
- Walk inside the Roman Forum
- Experience the House of Skeletons.
- Visit the picturesque Old Marina.
- Explore the breathtaking Augustales Temple.
As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary of Roman’s Castles Tourat any time, making your visit special and unique. At any time you can choose to stop the itinerary to indulge in relaxation and to stop for lunch.
You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best) and you can have time for a walk along the main shopping markets.
Finally you could book (where possible) an accredited language guide for the places you love most: we will put at your disposal only the most prepared and competent tourist guides.
HERCULANEUM TOUR FROM ROME
HERCULANEUM SHORE EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
+110 € for each veichle
LUXURY FEE +30€ + BOOK RESERVATION 1 € p.p.
SKIP THE LINE TICKETS:
9.00 – 18.00
Full, € 11,00 | Reduced 18-24 years old € 5,50 | <18 years old Free
Oplontis and Boscoreale
Full € 7,00 | Reduced 18-24 years old € 4,00 | <18 years old Free
Free 1st Sunday of the month
STANDARD TOUR INCLUDED SERVICES
- Round-trip Transfers
- Car/Bus available for the duration of the trip
- Transport of people with disabilities
- Motorways fares and fuel costs
- 1 hand luggage per passenger
- Air conditioning
EXTRA INCLUDED SERVICES WITH LUXURY OPTION
- Water natural or sparkly 1 p.p.
- Sweets in car
- Wet paper in car
- Umbrellas in car
- WIFI free
- 1 baby seats free
- Mercedes recent car
- Skip the line (if requested and paid in advance)
- We create itineraries based on your tastes and interests
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
- Meals and drinks
- Museums and monuments entrance fees
- 10% VAT
- Driver’s Overnight stay and meals (for more than one day)
- Licensed tour guide’ fees (from €40 per hour to be paid on site)
- Additional hours on top of the duration of the planned tour or transfer
- WiFI 5€
- Baby seat 10€
SURPRISE OR WELCOME GIFT
- Are you preparing a surprise for your sweetheart? If you wish to personalize your trip with sparkling wine, roses, chocolates or other, contact us and we will organize your gift together!
- Do you need a complete representative service. Contact us and we will prepare your welcome gift.
- Comfortable shoesand clothing are recommended on this and any tours.
- During the summer months it’s important to wearsunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- During your visit be sure to have a bottle of waterwith you. You will refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water.
- The tours listed above are just examplesof monuments and attractions you can visit, As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option. In order to make the process smoother, we suggest that you remove your belt, metal watch, keys, phone and money form the pockets. They may ask to check your bag. Big backpacks, luggage, liquids and large umbrellas are not allowed. You can bring regular handbags and small backpacks inside the site.
- Children’s reductions are guaranteed but we cannot collect their tickets before your arrival. You might spend some minutes more waiting in line. Agencies cannot bypass this rule and must go to the kiosk with the kids.