Private Herculaneum tour with driver
Herculaneum Tour from Rome or shore excursion to to Herculaneum from Civitavecchia
Choose from a variety of itineraries of Herculaneum Tour, to discover some of the most extraordinary places in the world where time seems to have stopped to offer an authentic look into life in ancient times. The beauty of the ruins of Herculaneum unfolds in front of your eyes to give you the magic of secrets buried for centuries under the ashes of Vesuvius.
Herculaneum Tour is a real trip back in time that takes you back to the splendor of the villas and temples of ancient Rome, statues, mosaics and frescoes that represent the best evidence of the life, customs and traditions of the time.
Choose Tour of Naples + Herculaneum if you would like to start your trip with a visit to the main attractions of Naples, alternatively choose to exclusively explore the archaeological excavations with either Herculaneum Tour.
Highlights of Herculaneum Tour
- For first visit the Palestra
- Than enter in ancient Roman Baths
- After walk inside the Roman Forum
- Experience the House of Skeletons.
- Visit the picturesque Old Marina.
- Explore the breathtaking Augustales Temple.
Herculaneum destroyed by the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a.d., is buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice. It was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed into the life of a city to the height of the Roman Empire. A walk inside the excavations, through the perfectly preserved bath theatres, temples, markets and forums will bring you back into the lives of ancient Romans.
Amailfi is patchwork of flat and domed roofs and vine-covered stairways tumbling down to meet the gentle curve of the beach. Amalfi is the main town of the coast on which it is located, named Costiera Amalfitana(Amalfi Coast) and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Amalfy Coast is a postcard of little cities like positano and Sorrento.
In Positano you could visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta with its dome made of majolica tiles as well as a 13th century Byzantine icon of a black Madonna. Enjoy time at leisure to explore this elegant spot with its designer boutiques, shops and seaside cafes.
Oplontis and Poppea’s villa
Less known as archaeological site, compared to Pompeii, is the Poppea’s Villa. Erected in Oplontis under the slopes of Vesuvius, it still maintains the charm of the splendor of Imperial Rome.
The main monument, the only one that can be visited, is the villa of Poppea inserted among the assets that UNESCO has defined as “World Heritage”. A magnificent residential building from the mid-1st century BC, enlarged during the Imperial era, was being restored during the eruption. It is attributed to Poppaea Sabina, second wife of Emperor Nerone, but in any case falling within the patrimony of the imperial family.
If you choose the tour Naples tour, you will arrive in Naples in 2 hours. You will see the Cathedral of San Gennaro with the liquid blood of the Saint, Palazzo Reale (royal palace), San Francesco di Paola, beautiful church located in Piazza del Plebiscito, Galleria Umberto I and the Castle of Maschio Angioino. Also you can visit “via Spaccanapoli” where you can find local objects in a peculiar scenario. Remember to taste a Naples coffee in some bar!
Private Herculaneum tours with driver
#1 VISIT THE ANCIENT CITY WITH A DAIILY HERCULANEUM TOUR *
#2 EXTEND YOUR VISIT TO HERCULANEUM WITH COMBO FULL DAY TOUR *
- Naples and Herculaneum Tour **
- Oplontis and Herculaneum Tour
- Amalfi coast and Herculaneum Tour **
#3 CUSTOM TOUR
- The tours listed above are just examples as in each of our tours you could customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable. If you need a custom tour and quote please contact us via mail or fill the form
#4 YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS TOURS IN CAMPANIA
* Tickets to site excluded
** Near shopping streetaples Tasting Tour
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- During the summer wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be sure to have a bottle of water with you. You will refill it at fountains with drinkable water.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option.
- Sometimes for Children’s reductions we cannot collect tickets before arrival. You might spend some minutes more going to the kiosk with the kids.
From Rome and sourroundings
Sedan 2 – € 460
Sedan 4 – € 520
Minivan 6 – € 640
Van/Bus 8 – € 700
Sedan 2 – € 610
Sedan 4 – € 670
Minivan 6 – € 790
Van/Bus 8 – € 850
The convenience of skip the line tickets.
You can book skyp the tickets to:
- Oplontis and Boscoreale
Private car and bus
PICKUP – DROPOFF
Hotel / B&B or your favourite location
SUGGESTED PICK-UP TIME
Full day 10-12h
SKIP THE LINE