Private Pompeii tour with driver
Pompeii Tour from Rome or shore Excursion To Pompeii from Civitavecchia
Choose from a variety of itineraries of Pompeii Tour to discover some of the most extraordinary places in the world where time seems to have stopped to offer an authentic look into life in ancient times. With our Tour, the beauty of the ruins of Pompeii unfolds in front of your eyes to give you the magic of secrets buried for centuries under the ashes of Vesuvius.
Pompeii Tours transform your Private tour experience in a real trip back in time that takes you back to the splendour of the villas and temples of ancient Rome, statues, mosaics and frescoes that represent the best evidence of the life, customs and traditions of the time.
Choose Tour of Naples + Pompeii if you would like to start your trip with a visit to the main attractions of Naples, alternatively choose to exclusively explore the archaeological excavations with either Pompeii Tour.
With or without a tour guide, but without giving up comfort and professionalism, we also give you the possibility of booking the Pompeii Tours in shared mode which will allow you to make significant savings.
Do not forget to taste local products. You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best) and you can have time for a walk along the main shopping streets.
Pompeii destroyed by the eruption of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 b.C., is buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice. It was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed into the life of a city to the height of the Roman Empire. A walk inside the excavations, through the perfectly preserved bath theatres, temples, markets and forums will bring you back into the lives of ancient Romans.
Naples & Pompeii in one day
If you choose the combo tour Pompei – Naples , you will arrive in Naples in 2 hours. You will see the Cathedral of San Gennaro with the liquid blood of the Saint, Palazzo Reale (royal palace), San Francesco di Paola, beautiful church located in Piazza del Plebiscito, Galleria Umberto I and the Castle of Maschio Angioino.
Also you can visit “via Spaccanapoli” where you can find local objects in a peculiar scenario. Remember to taste a Naples coffee in some bar!
Oplontis and Poppea’s Villa
Less known as archaeological site, compared to Pompeii, is the Poppea’s Villa. Erected in Oplontis under the slopes of Vesuvius, it still maintains the charm of the splendor of Imperial Rome.
The main monument, the only one that can be visited, is the villa of Poppea inserted among the assets that UNESCO has defined as “World Heritage”. A magnificent residential building from the mid-1st century BC, enlarged during the Imperial era, was being restored during the eruption. It is attributed to Poppaea Sabina, second wife of Emperor Nerone, but in any case falling within the patrimony of the imperial family.
Naples & Amalfi in one day
Amalfi is patchwork of flat and domed roofs and vine-covered stairways tumbling down to meet the gentle curve of the beach. Amalfi is the main town of the coast on which it is located, named Costiera Amalfitana(Amalfi Coast) and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Amalfy Coast is a postcard of little cities like positano and Sorrento.
Private Pompei tours with driver
#1 DAILY TOUR OF LUCCA *
#2 EXTEND YOUR VISIT TO LUCCA WITH A COMBO FULL DAY TOUR*
- POMPEII AND NAPLES TOUR *
- OPLONTIS AND POMPEII ANCIENT SITES TOUR *
- POMPEII AND AMALFI TOUR * from Rome
#3 CUSTOM TOUR
- The tours listed above are just examples as in each of our tours you could customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable. If you need a custom tour and quote please contact us via mail or fill the form
#4 YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS TOURS IN TUSCANY
- NAPLES TASTING TOUR: MOZZARELLA AND WINE >> see mozzarella tour
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- During the summer wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be sure to have a bottle of water with you. You will refill it at fountains with drinkable water.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option.
- Sometimes for Children’s reductions we cannot collect tickets before arrival. You might spend some minutes more going to the kiosk with the kids.
from Rome / Civitavecchia
Sedan 2 – € 460 / 610
Sedan 4 – € 520 / 670
Minivan 6 – € 640 / 790
Van 8 – € 700 / 850
the convenience of skip the line tickets
You can ask skip the line tickets for following attractions.
- The 3 sites: Pompeii, Oplonti, Boscoreale
Private car and bus
PICKUP – DROPOFF
Hotel / B&B or your favourite location
SUGGESTED PICK-UP TIME
Full day 10-12h
SKIP THE LINE