Private Tour with driver: a Wine tasting Tour in Verrazzano
TUSCANY WINE TOUR AND PANORAMIC TOUR OF SIENA
TUSCANY WINE TOUR: WINE AND LOCAL FOOD IN VERRAZZANO CASTLE
Verrazzano is the destination of our Tuscany wine tour. Verrazzano Castle is located between Florence and Siena, in Greve in Chianti one of the most important area in Italy of wine production. Discover the magic of Chianti Classico visiting one of the most ancient but still working cellar in the area. Also you will visit the Castle the garden and the cellar with a guided tour in language. Discover all the productions from ancient vineyards organically grown by wise hands with tasting tour.
Select your Tasting Experience
CLASSIC WINE TOUR
10am or 3pm – from Mon to Sun- 5pm on Fri.
(approx. 1 hour and a half)
- Verrazzano Castle Tour
- Wine Tasting
WINE AND FOOD EXPERIENCE
12pm – from Mon. to Sun. (approx. 3 hours)
- Castle Tour
- Wine Tasting
11.00am – from Monday to Friday (approx. 2 hours and a half)
- Verrazzano Castle Tour
- Winte tasting
- Gastronomic specialities
6.00pm – Special on Friday
- Wine Tasting
Verrazzano vineyards are periodically renewed according to a program that keeps the average age of the plant around 12 years.
The existing 52 hectares of vineyards are divided into single vineyards located on the more suited ground with the best properties and microclimate. Grapes used are mostly red grapes, among which Sangiovese clearly stands out, along with other varieties including Merlot, Canaiolo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Colorino, and only a small percentage of white grapes like Trebbiano Toscano, Traminer and Malvasia lunga del Chianti.
The ancient cellars date back to the XVIth century. Aging takes place in Slavonian oak barrels placed along the corridors, protected from sudden temperature changes. 3 years old oak barrels of 30 hl. capacity are used for the elevation of the Chianti and Chianti Classico Riserva, and new barriques (Allier and Vosges) for the elevation of Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Sassello and of the Super Tuscan Special bottle.
SIENA PANORAMIC TOUR
To enrich the day, our driver will take you to Siena. You can make a panoramic tour of all the most beautiful and characteristic places of the Tuscan city. Stopping somewhere to capture beautiful images. or if you want you can make a visit to the Duomo, the Piccolomini Library and access if you wish to one of the most beautiful views of Siena: the roof of the Duomo.
As soon as you enter the city of Siema we will arrive in the main square, Campo Square. This is the square where the stake is played every year, during July and August. The horse race of the stake is so famous in the world that even Queen Elizabeth wanted to have a taste by inviting Siena to make the stake in England.
In the cathedral with a black and white façade, you can get lost in the esoteric religious symbols or admire thefrescoes by Pinturicchio. Finally you can feel the presence of Michelangelo vibrating, who worked in 1501 to make the statues in the Piccolomini Library.
The Baptistery and the Santa Maria della Scala complex will capture your interest. The first is the most important sacred place in the city full of works of art such as the baptismal font by Jacopo della Quercia.Today the second born to welcome the most needy is a museum. In the Museum there are preserved two complexes of fundamental importance for the history of Italian art: the statues sculpted by Giovanni Pisano for the facade of the Duomo and the Majesty by Duccio di Buoninsegna built for the high altar.
Standard Tuscany wine tour in Verrazzano
- #1 Eno wine tour in Verrazzano
- Tour in Verrazzano Castle
- Tour to vineyard and cellar
- Tasting lunch
- Panoramic Tour of Siena
As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary of Roman’s Castles Tourat any time, making your visit special and unique. At any time you can choose to stop the itinerary to indulge in relaxation and to stop for lunch.
You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best) and you can have time for a walk along the main shopping streets. Do not forget to taste local products.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended on this and any tours.
- During the summer months it’s important to wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- During your visit be sure to have a bottle of water with you. You will refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water.
- The tours listed above are just examples of monuments and attractions you can visit, As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option. In order to make the process smoother, we suggest that you remove your belt, metal watch, keys, phone and money form the pockets. They may ask to check your bag. Big backpacks, luggage, liquids and large umbrellas are not allowed. You can bring regular handbags and small backpacks inside the site.
- Children’s reductions are guaranteed but we cannot collect their tickets before your arrival. You might spend some minutes more waiting in line. Agencies cannot bypass this rule and must go to the kiosk with the kids.
Sedan 2 – € 520 / 570
Sedan 4 – € 580 /630
Minivan 6 – € 700 / 750
Van/Bus 8 – € 760 /810
From for standard/combo
Sedan 2 -€ 570
Sedan 4 -€ 630
Minivan 6 – € 750
Van/Bus 8 – € 810