Private Viterbo tour with driver
VITERBO TOUR FROM ROME OR VITERBO EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
Stroll the streets of Viterbo and the ancient walls of the old town: with
Viterbo tour visit the city’s architectural wonders such as the Cathedral of Saint Lorenzo, the Church of Santa Maria Nuova, the Popes Palace and experience the magic of the medieval quarter of San Pellegrino.
You will discover the city of Viterbo, with its squares, villages and archaeological sites, and the main places of interest. Take time to visit the city and the nearby Bolsena Lake and get lost between the mythological and monstrous sculptures of Bomarzo Monster Park. Viterbo tour will make you live an unforgettable experience and guide you through the history of the City of Popes
Viterbo Tour details
We will arrive to Viterbo, whose historic center is still rich of medieval signs. Starting from Plebiscito Square you will be able to admire the Palace of Priors built in thirteenth century. In the same square there is alsothe tower of the clockwill look to the sky, this tower is the symbol of the city.
On the other side, we can appreciate the Church of St. Angelo in whose façade a sarcophagus is set. The legend says that it keeps the body of a girl “Bella Galliana” killed by a wealthy lover who never managed to conquer the girl’s heart.
Moving towards Popes palace you will find Palazzo Farnese. Later the Cathedral of San Lorenzo of Roman times and the adjacent Palace of the Popes, which is home to the Museum of Sacred Art.
Last but not least you will be able to visit the Church of S. Maria Nuova and the Sanctuary of Santa Rosa crossing the medieval quarter of San Pellegrino.
Bomarzo, an enchanted and magical place suitable for all ages. You will find yourself in a sacred wood populated by giant sculptures carved on the stone. Local stone named Peperino. The garden buyer was from the Orsini family.
Inside the garden you can also see the temple dedicated by Orsini to Giulia Farnese. He wanted to remember it forever and devote it to the building of this temple. See the map of the park.
At the end for about 1-2 hours our driver will take you to the restaurant. At the end of the lunch the visit will end at Viterbo. You will have time to admire some of its best known places and than finally return to Rome or Civitavecchia.
If you want to have a complete picture of the beauty of the Farnese’s palaces you will love joining Viterbo with the visit to Caprarola where the Palazzo Farnese Caprarola is located.
Furthermore Caprarola has a large heritage among churches, palaces and monuments. Surely you will be fascinated by the double bell tower of the Duomo (church of S. Michele Arcangelo) consolidated by Giuseppe Valadier after 1818.Equally important is the interior of the Cathedral has three naves, of which the central is very large. It preserves important works of various periods and in addition a beautiful organ.
Of course walking through Caprarola, you can not help but come across innumerable fountains like the Mask fountain or the Boccacce fountain.
For all the fans of the open air and lakes we have thought of this combo tour that combines the beauty of Viterbo with that of Lake Bolsena. In the ancient Borgo stands the perched castle dominating the largest volcanic lake in Europe.
You can not miss a visit to the Church of Santa Cristina where inside is a stone with the imprints of the saint.
If you want to continue the naturalistic excursion, after lunch, you can take a boat excursion, otherwise our driver will take you to the nearby Viterbo to admire some of the most important monuments.
With this itinerary you could visit also Montefiascone with the popes palace.
Private Viterbo tours with driver
#1 DAILY TOUR OF VITERBO *
#2 EXTEND YOUR VISIT TO VITERBO WITH A COMBO FULL DAY TOUR *
- VITERBO CITY AND BOMARZO GARDEN **
- BOLSENA LAKE AND VITERBO TOUR **
- CAPRAROLA AND VITERBO TOUR **
#3 CUSTOM TOUR
- The tours listed above are just examples as in each of our tours you could customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable. If you need a custom tour and quote please contact us via mail or fill the form
- Finally you could book (where possible) a licensed language guide for the places you love most: we will put at your disposal only the most prepared and competent tourist guides.
#4 YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS TOURS WITH VITERBO
- COMBO TOUR CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO AND VITERBO
- * Tickets to site excluded
** Near shopping street
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- During the summer wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be sure to have a bottle of water with you. You will refill it at fountains with drinkable water.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option.
- Sometimes for Children’s reductions we cannot collect tickets before arrival. You might spend some minutes more going to the kiosk with the kids.
From Rome / Civitavecchia
Sedan 2 – € 316 / 430
Sedan 4 – € 366 / 480
Minivan 6 – € 436 / 550
Van 8 – € 476 / 590
the convenience of skip the line tickets
You can request skip-the-line tickets for the following attractions.
- PALAZZO FARNESE IN CAPRAROLA
- Popes Palace, St. Lorenz Chatedral, Dome Museum
- Palace of Priors+ Montefalcone museum
- Lante a bagnaia Villa
- Bomarzo Monster Park
Private car and bus
PICKUP – DROPOFF
Hotel / B&B or your favourite location
SUGGESTED PICK-UP TIME
Full day 10-12h
SKIP THE LINE