PERUGIA TOURS FROM ROME
We have thought of those who wish to visit Perugia and its artistic treasures. Perugia tour is ideal if you would like to spend a relaxing day in Perugia: along the streets of the old town you will find glimpses of unexpected beauty and the works of some of the greatest artists in history, jealously guarded by the impressive medieval architecture.
After visiting the Cathedral and the Palazzo dei Priori, you can also round off this amazing journey with a lunch break in the beautiful surroundings of Assisi and mystical atmosphere of the Church of San Francesco.
Select the Perugia tour if you are looking for a professional and comfortable car rental service in the heart of the art and the history of Umbria.
HISTORY OF PERUGIA
Perugia, the great “Guelf strong-hold” rises up in the Umbria region’s heart, with its 5 storical quarters closed-in by its Etruscan town walls. These bastions were constructed 22 centuries ago and were formed by cyclopic square masses are still visible for long stretches.
When the city of Rome was little more that an encampment, one could already enter the etruscan Perugia Italy using one of seven portals, among which one was particularly mighty, the Porta Pulchra or of Augustus, dating back to Etruscan times.
The tour in Perugia
Entering the city via Porta San Pietro, remodelled by Agostino di Duccio in 1475, you’ll arrive at the basilica of St. Dominic on the right-hand side; the very important National Archeological Museum of Umbria.
Continuing along, you’ll reach the Piazza del Sopramuro, where the 15th century Palace of the Old University and the adjacent Palace of the People’s Captain look down on the square.
Further on you’ll find yourself in one of most important squares, where you’ll see the Priors’ Palace, the Cathedral and the 13th century Major Fountain at the center. These monuments render the Piazza Grande of Perugia a superb architectural complex. At the extreme end of Corso Vannucci you’ll find famous panoramic gardens built on the foundations of the Rocca Paolina, a strong-hold built by Pope Paul III in 1540. These foundations contain an entire quarter of the old Perugia: a dead city, a sort of Medieval Pompei which has been brought tot light again and which is fascinating to visit.
Perugia’s ascents and stairways are usually quite steep. The way Via delle Prome is a typical example. Leaving from the Augustus Arc, this way lead to the upper point of Perugia, where used to be the castle of Porta Sole, erected in the XIV century by the dal Gattapone, and destroyed later for willing of the whole town people.
You should not miss the archtectural complex of St. Francesco, with the Oratory of St. Bernardino, a masterpiece of Agostino di Duccio, who, in covering the facade with bas-reliefs of enchanting grace and modelled fineness made it a little poem of Renaissance sculpture.
The most important manifestations is the musical festival Umbria Jazz and the gastronomic festival Eurochocolate.
Especially for children, you need to visit Città della Domenica, first amusement park of Italy
PERUGIA AND ASSISI IN ONE DAY
Dear Guest if you want to feel the life of St. Francis, patron of Italy, you will be happy to choose the combo option Perugia and Assisi. You will see the main Basilica of Saint Francis divider in lower and superior Basilica.
Inside you can admire paints about Saint Francis and Jesus life. Of course you will appreciate the Giotto’s frescoes
For more info about Assisi visit Assisi tour page
PERUGIA AND GUBBIO IN ONE DAY
As an alternative to Assisi, it is possible to visit Gubbio . Splendid Umbrian town.
In Gubbio you could visit Palace of the Consuls,the Cathedral, Ducal Palace or New Court or Square of the Forty Martyrs, St. Francis Convent, Church of San Domenico and the Bargello Palace
- PERUGIA TOUR
COMBO PERUGIA TOUR
- GUBBIO AND PERUGIA TOUR
- ASSISI AND PERUGIA TOUR>> more info in Assisi tour page
- PERUGIA CHOCOLATE TASTING TOUR >> See chocolate and wine tour
As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary any time, making your visit special and unique. At any time you can choose to stop the itinerary to indulge in relaxation and to stop for lunch. Do not forget to taste local products.
You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best) and you could have time for a walk along the main shopping streets.
Finally you could book (where possible) a licensed language guide for the places you love most: we will put at your disposal only the most prepared and competent tourist guides.
PERUGIA TOUR FROM ROME
PERUGIA SHORE EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
Approx +100€ for each veichle
EXTRA HOURS TOUR PRICES
LUXURY FEE +30€ + BOOK RESERVATION 1 € p.p.
SKIP THE LINE TICKETS:
ST. FRANCIS BASILICA in ASSISI
reservation required for groups of more than 10 people
2€ for each person
MONUMENTS IN PERUGIA
- Pozzo Etrusco
- Porta Marzia
- Rocca Paolina
Churchs and chapels
- Chiesa di San Severo
- St. Lorenz Chatedral
- Abbazia di San Pietro
- Church of San Domenico
- St. Michele Arcangelo temple
- San Francesco al Prato
- St. Filippo Neri
- San Severo
- Santa Maria Nuova
- San Bevignate
- Raffaello square
- Piazza IV Novembre
- Justice Palace
- Nobile Collegio del Cambio and Collegio of Mercanzia
- Palazzo Donini
- Cesaroni’s Palace
- Palazzo della Penna
- Baldeschi’s Palace
- Palazzo Gallenga- Stuart
- Umbria National Gallery
- Museo Capitolare and Museo delle porte e delle mura urbiche
- II Cassero di Porta sant’Angelo
- Teatro comunale Morlacchi
- L’orto Botanico e l’orto Medievale
- L’Ipogeo dei Volumni
- Perugino a Fontignano paints
STANDARD TOUR INCLUDED SERVICES
- Round-trip Transfers
- Car/Bus available for the duration of the trip
- Motorways fares and fuel costs
- Air conditioning
- Private driver
EXTRA INCLUDED SERVICES WITH LUXURY OPTION
- Water natural or sparkly 1 p.p.
- Sweets in car
- Wet paper in car
- Umbrellas in car
- WIFI free
- 1 baby seats free
- Mercedes recent car
- Skip the line (if requested and paid in advance)
- We create itineraries based on your tastes and interests
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
- Meals and drinks
- Museums and monuments entrance fees
- 10% VAT
- Driver’s Overnight stay and meals (for more than one day)
- Licensed tour guide’ fees (from €40 per hour to be paid on site)
- Additional hours on top of the duration of the planned tour or transfer
- Wi-FI 5€
- Baby seat 10€
SURPRISE OR WELCOME GIFT
- Are you preparing a surprise for your sweetheart? If you wish to personalize your trip with sparkling wine, roses, chocolates or other, contact us and we will organize your gift together!
- Do you need a complete representative service. Contact us and we will prepare your welcome gift.
- Comfortable shoesand clothing are recommended.
- During the summer wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself.
- During your visit be sure to have a bottle of water. You will refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water.
- The tours listed above are just examples of monuments and attractions you can visit, As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attractions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skip the line option. In order to make the process smoother, we suggest that you remove your belt, metal watch, keys, phone and money form the pockets. They may ask to check your bag. Big backpacks, luggage, liquids and large umbrellas are not allowed. You can bring regular handbags and small backpacks inside the site.
- Children’s reductions are guaranteed but we cannot collect their tickets before your arrival. You might spend some minutes more waiting in line. Agencies cannot bypass this rule and must go to the kiosk with the kids.