Private Orvieto tour with driver
Orvieto Tour from Rome or shore excursion from Civitavecchia to Orvieto with driver
Perched on a cliff of volcanic origin, Orvieto dominates the surrounding landscape of vineyards and offers the visitor testimonies of a past rich in history, from the Etruscan time through the period of Commons. Taxi NCC Italy is glad to guide you, with the Orvieto Tour, in a trip through the art of the city and into the secrets hidden by its underground, pits and cellars.
Our convenient service of Car rental with driver will offer you an unforgettable experience of Umbria and its territory. In fact, you can choose to integrate the tour with a visit to the nearby ancient town of Civita di Bagnoregio, considered one of the most beautiful towns in Italy.
Or, you can choose in another case with Assisi and breathe the magical medieval atmosphere of the city that was the birthplace of St. Francis. With the Orvieto tour you really get immersed in the art and history of some of the most beautiful Italian cities.
ABOUT ORVIETO TOUR
Orvieto origins go back to the Etruscan civilization: first Etruscan settlements, going back to the 9th Century B.C., were found inside the tufaceous caves in the bedrock upon which rises the city.
Annexed in the 3rd Century B.C. to the territories of Rome until the decline of the Western Roman Empire. Afterwhich it became a free municipality, and during the war between Guelphs and Ghibellines, was opponent of Barbarossa, remaining faithful to the Pope.
Riding on the support of the Vatican State, it was allowed to prosper through the Medieval Period in the 13th Century, reaching the top of its development with the constitution of the General Council of the 400 and the election of the Captain of the People.
It was during this period that one saw the fervent work of erecting palaces and holy buildings among which the very famous Cathedral stands out, dating back to 1263. The most important architectural landmark of Orvieto, with its Gothic facing and the richness of the ornaments and internal chapels.
Orvieto: the city
In the ancient town we find the St. Patrizio well, built in 1527 based on a plan of Antonio da Sangallo il Giovane. Also you can see the Palace of the Seven from 1300, the Palace of People Captain built in 12th Century inside which took place the meetings of the People’s Council.
Saint Andrew’s Church built in 12th Century, Saint Domenic’s Church built in 12th Century, Saint Giovenale’s Church built in 11th Century. Soliano Palace in 1262 within which, one will find: the Museum of the Opera of Dome and the Museum of Modern Art.
We remember also the Mancinelli Theatre (1866), the suggestive Underground City and Necropolis of the Crucifix of Tufo dating back to the Etruscan period.
You can have some lunch in a typical restaurant suggested by your driver and a little stroll down the main shopping streets. Orvieto produces one of the most famous Italian white wines taste it with salame, prosciutto and locally cheese.
Orvieto Tour Highlights
- Medieval Duomo with a stunning mosaic facade
- Saint Patrick’s Well
- Underground Passages
- Etruscan Sites
- Views from the Torre del Moro
- Do not forget to taste local products.You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best)
- You can have time for a walk along the main shopping streets.
Private Orvieto tours with driver
#1 DAILY TOUR OF ORVIETO *
#2 EXTEND YOUR VISIT TO ORVIETO WITH A COMBO FULL DAY TOUR *
- Combo tour Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio >> Read more about Civita di Bagnoregio
#3 YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OTHERS TOURS WITH ORVIETO
#4 CUSTOM TOUR
- The tours listed above are just examples as in each of our tours you could customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable. If you need a custom tour and quote please contact us via mail or fill the form
** Near shopping street
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- During the summer wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Be sure to have a bottle of water with you. You will refill it at fountains with drinkable water.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attracions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skyp the line option.
- Sometimes for Children’s reductions we cannot collect tickets before arrival. You might spend some minutes more going to the kiosk with the kids.
From Rome / Civitavecchia
Sedan 2 – € 350/ 440
Sedan 4 – € 400/ 490
Minivan 6 – € 495 / 580
Van/Bus 8 – € 545 / 630
the convenience of skip the line tickets
WELL OF ST. PATRICK IN ORVIETO
every day 10 am-5pm
Full € 5 | Reduced € 3.50 children up to 18 years and UE students up to 25 | free <6 years
only payment on site
MORO TOWER IN ORVIETO
10.30 – 16.30 winter | 10.00am – 7.00pm summer
Full € 2.80 | Reduced € 2.00 children 10-18 years and UE students up to 25 | free <10 years
only payment on site
Private car and bus
PICKUP – DROPOFF
Hotel / B&B or your favourite location
SUGGESTED PICK-UP TIME
Full day 10-12h
SKIP THE LINE