SIENA TOUR FROM ROME OR SHORE EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
Siena is know for the horse race. But Siena is not just the Palio race. Siena is also a mix between the gothic e romanic as you can see in the Duomo. Here you can admire works by Pinturicchio and Nicola Pisano.
As soon as you enter the city of Siema we will arrive in the main square, Campo Square. This is the square where the stake is played every year, during July and August. The horse race of the stake is so famous in the world that even Queen Elizabeth wanted to have a taste by inviting Siena to make the stake in England.
In the cathedral with a black and white façade, you can get lost in the esoteric religious symbols or admire the frescoes by Pinturicchio. Finally you can feel the presence of Michelangelo vibrating, who worked in 1501 to make the statues in the Piccolomini Library.
A descent into the world of color will lead you into the bowels of the cathedral, in what is commonly called “Crypt“, one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the last twenty years. Here it is possible to admire a pictorial cycle of singular beauty realized by a series of Sienese artists in the second half of the thirteenth century.
The Baptistery and the Santa Maria della Scala complex will capture your interest. The first is the most important sacred place in the city full of works of art such as the baptismal font by Jacopo della Quercia. Today the second born to welcome the most needy is a museum. In the Museum there are preserved two complexes of fundamental importance for the history of Italian art: the statues sculpted by Giovanni Pisano for the facade of the Duomo and the Majesty by Duccio di Buoninsegna built for the high altar.
For a panoramic picture of Siena we can only recommend climbing the Tower of the Eat.
TOUR SIENA SAN GIMIGNANO
Continuing the tour to the city of San Gimignano, we will have the opportunity to see one of the places marked by UNESCO. There are many here and many have traced their passage. Like Dante who in 1300 arrived in San Gimignano as ambassador of the Guelphs.
San Gimignano is the most characteristic of the Tuscan villages. The city is surrounded by impressive towers that dominate the landscape, which have remained miraculously intact over the centuries.
You can walk along the Via Francigena, the ancient pilgrim way of Roman times, or get lost in the narrow streets of the city, among the artisan shops and delicious little places that dot the historic center, where you can taste the most famous locally produced wine, Vernaccia.
STANDARD SIENA TOUR
- SIENA TOUR
- SAN GIMIGNANO AND SIENA COMBO TOUR
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED:
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SIENA TOUR
- Feel the thrill of the Palio in Piazza Campo
- Go up the roofs of the cathedral to enjoy a breathtaking view
- Lose yourself among the works of art by Donatello and Michelangelo
- Enjoy the magnificent frescoes by Pinturicchio in the Piccolomini Library
- Taste the local delicacies and enjoy the good Tuscan wine in the main square
As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary any time, making your visit special and unique. At any time you can choose to stop the itinerary to indulge in relaxation and to stop for lunch. Do not forget to taste local products.
You can have lunch in a typical restaurant (surely our driver will suggest one of the best) and you could have time for a walk along the main shopping streets.
Finally you could book (where possible) a licensed language guide for the places you love most: we will put at your disposal only the most prepared and competent tourist guides.
SIENA TOUR FROM ROME PRICES
SIENA SHORE EXCURSION FROM CIVITAVECCHIA
+ 40€ for each veichle
LUXURY FEE +30€ + BOOK RESERVATION 1 € p.p.
SKIP THE LINE TICKETS:
Cathedral + Library + opera museum + Baptistery
Full € 15 | reduced 7-11years € 2 free <6nni
Cathedral + Library + opera museum + Baptistery + crypt + panoramic visit
10.30-17.30 workdays – 13.30 – 17.30 public holidays
Full € 20 | reduced from 7 to 11 years € 6 free <6nni
Cathedral + Library + opera museum + Baptistery + Acropolis
Full € 20 | reduced from 7 to 11 years € 6 free <6nni
STANDARD TOUR INCLUDED SERVICES
- Round-trip Transfers
- Car/Bus available for the duration of the trip
- Transport of people with disabilities
- Motorways fares and fuel costs
- 1 hand luggage per passenger
- Air conditioning
EXTRA INCLUDED SERVICES WITH LUXURY OPTION
- Water natural or sparkly 1 p.p.
- Sweets in car
- Wet paper in car
- Umbrellas in car
- WIFI free
- 1 baby seats free
- Mercedes recent car
- Skip the line (if requested and paid in advance)
- We create itineraries based on your tastes and interests
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
- Meals and drinks
- Museums and monuments entrance fees
- 10% VAT
- Driver’s Overnight stay and meals (for more than one day)
- Licensed tour guide’ fees (from €40 per hour to be paid on site)
- Additional hours on top of the duration of the planned tour or transfer
- Wi-FI 5€
- Baby seat 10€
SURPRISE OR WELCOME GIFT
- Are you preparing a surprise for your sweetheart? If you wish to personalize your trip with sparkling wine, roses, chocolates or other, contact us and we will organize your gift together!
- Do you need a complete representative service. Contact us and we will prepare your welcome gift.
- Comfortable shoesand clothing are recommended on this and any tours.
- During the summer months it’s important to wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- During your visit be sure to have a bottle of waterwith you. You will refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water.
- The tours listed above are just examplesof monuments and attractions you can visit, As in each of our tours you can customize your itinerary at any time if you respect the timetable.
- Check the cost of entrance tickets and the costs of the tour guides through the official websites and opening time of attractions
- We cannot avoid metal detector security checks, also with Skip the line option. In order to make the process smoother, we suggest that you remove your belt, metal watch, keys, phone and money form the pockets. They may ask to check your bag. Big backpacks, luggage, liquids and large umbrellas are not allowed. You can bring regular handbags and small backpacks inside the site.
- Children’s reductions are guaranteed but we cannot collect their tickets before your arrival. You might spend some minutes more waiting in line. Agencies cannot bypass this rule and must go to the kiosk with the kids.